Thread: eWRC Shutdown

Hybrid View

Liked 39 Times in 15 Posts
    My problem about the "stolen information" is just because sometimes we spend a loooot of time searching for it and then in minutes someone copies it. It's internet, I know, I copy, you copy, everybody copies information. I usually try to add the source of the information to my excel file, but sometimes I forget to do it. But when people says that they are the greatest when I know that some information that took me 5-6 hours (or sometimes years) to get just took them 30 minutes to copy I feel angry, that's why I stop sharing information online. The website is great, is a great source of information, no doubt about that, but sometimes, some contributors need a bath of humility despiste their dedication to the cause because sometimes when things happen it's not because of their effort.
    Last edited by Sardalense; 23rd February 2022 at 15:05.

Liked 846 Times in 391 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardalense View Post
    My problem about the "stolen information" is just because sometimes we spend a loooot of time searching for it and then in minutes someone copies it. It's internet, I know, I copy, you copy, everybody copies information. I usually try to add the source of the information to my excel file, but sometimes I forget to do it. But when people says that they are the greatest when I know that some information that took me 5-6 hours (or sometimes years) to get just took them 30 minutes to copy I feel angry, that's why I stop sharing information online. The website is great, is a great source of information, no doubt about that, but sometimes, some contributors need a bath of humility despiste their dedication to the cause because sometimes when things happen it's not because of their effort.
    We have different points of views. If someone uses and publishes information that I've gathered (and I spent looots of time on it as well) I feel proud about it, not angry. Proud because I uncovered those information from who knows where and now they're under the eyes of everyone. Why would I research if not to make it available to everyone? (I don't have a website to publish, but I'm always happy to share what I have) To keep it for myself? I would have no reason to research then...
    Crediting is nice, but even if they don't, I don't care too much. It's not a painting or a sculpture that I made with my hands, it's information I uncovered. I don't feel I have any real ownership on it.

3. Likes: AnttiL (23rd February 2022),lancia037 (23rd February 2022)