Wolff backs Hamilton to remain ‘a pro’ amid Mercedes troubles.
Mercedes boss Toto Wolff has no doubts that Lewis Hamilton will continue to act like the veteran professional leader he is amid the Brackley squad’s continued troubles.
29/04/2024 at 15:52
Michael Delaney
F1i.com

"I think that Lewis is a pro and has behaved in that way until now, trying to keep his morale up and the morale of the team even if the results don’t come", the Austrian said, quoted by Motorsport.com. "I have no doubt that this is going to last. He has also been supportive with George."

“Right now, I want to finish on a high here", the Briton told the media at Suzuka. "So all my energy is going into this. Of course, there's excitement for the future. But right now, we're going through a difficult place. That's my challenge.”

"That's where all my energy is going, to try and figure out how we can get ourselves back to the top. How can I work with the guys? How can I give better debriefs, give them better direction to get back fighting at the front? I'm a competitor first and foremost, so I want to win. Just thinking about the next year isn't going to help me do that."

‘All my energy is going into this’;

https://f1i.com/news/506526-wolff-ba...-troubles.html

Lewis Hamilton's mood behind the scenes at Mercedes as team struggle
Lewis Hamilton is enduring a torrid final year with Mercedes.
06:50, Tue, Apr 30, 2024
By Fraser Watson
Daily and Sunday Express

Lewis Hamilton has been praised for his professionalism by Toto Wolff despite continuing to struggle in his final season with Mercedes. Hamilton is currently languishing in ninth in the drivers’ standings, and is yet to notch a podium finish this year as the Silver Arrows continue to flounder in F1’s new era of regulations.

Hamilton is currently two places, and 14 points, behind his younger team-mate. The pair currently lie fourth in the constructors’ standings, a massive 143 points behind leaders Red Bull.

‘Mercedes as team struggle’;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...des-Toto-Wolff

Mercedes F1 News: Toto Wolff Puts Trust in Lewis Hamilton - 'A Pro'
Published Apr 29, 2024 at 5:00 PM EDT
By Lydia Mee
Sports Contributing Writer
Newsweek

In a season marked by performance unpredictability, Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff has reaffirmed his confidence in Lewis Hamilton's professionalism and ability to uplift the team. Despite facing significant challenges with the current F1 regulations and his exit at the end of the year, the seven time champion's resolve remains firm.

This 2024 season has been distinctly challenging, evidenced by Hamilton's rollercoaster experiences from race to race. Despite these fluctuations, team principal Toto Wolff's recent statements shed light on the enduring faith he has in Hamilton's capability to continue to steer the team through these rough waters, even though he is set to leave the team at the end of the year for Ferrari.

The British driver has been unable to secure a top-six finish in any Grand Prix this 2024 season, a statistic that's sharply at odds with his renowned racing success. Wolff, addressing Hamilton's ongoing struggles, emphasized his professional demeanor and how critical it is for team morale during an interview with Autosport: "I think that Lewis is a pro and has behaved in that way until now, trying to keep his morale up and the morale of the team even if the results don't come.”

'A Pro';

https://www.newsweek.com/sports/merc...5341?piano_t=1

‘Have to be very careful’: Lewis Hamilton pinpoints moment where he proved Toto Wolff wrong at Mercedes
Tue 30 April 2024 18:30
David Comerford
F1 Oversteer

Lewis Hamilton on the moment where he had to be ‘very careful’ at Mercedes. Speaking to French outlet Nextgen-Auto, Hamilton reflected on one of his greatest performances at the 2018 Singapore Grand Prix. The Briton would clinch the title that year with two races to spare but Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari had threatened to interrupt his dominance. On what was a crucial weekend at Marina Bay, Mercedes appeared to be struggling. Both Ferrari and Red Bull seemed to have an edge.

But in Q3, Hamilton produced what is widely seen as an all-time great lap to beat Max Verstappen to pole position by more than three tenths. He then went on to win the race by just under nine seconds, with Vettel third. Hamilton recalls that he angered senior Mercedes figures, including the late Niki Lauda, by attending a fashion event in New York in the week leading up to the race. But he emphatically silenced their doubts.

He said: “It’s not really good preparation for a race weekend. So you have to be very careful about that. The story that people gave me was, ‘Oh, he’s not focused.’ But I wasn’t out partying late or drinking like That. I arrived in Singapore and did one of the best laps I’ve ever done. And after that, everyone was like, ‘Oh, he can do that.’ Even Niki was telling Toto: ‘You can’t let Lewis do that! That’s not what a racing driver does!’ I proved them wrong.”

‘Have to be very careful’;

https://www.f1oversteer.com/news/lew...g-at-mercedes/

Toto Wolff updates on 2026 Mercedes power unit plans with ‘moonshot project’ fears revealed
29 Apr 2024 3:00 PM
Thomas Maher
PlanetF1.com

Mercedes’ Toto Wolff believes the power unit being developed for the new 2026 regulations is hitting targets that should be enough to be “very competitive”. F1 introduces very different power unit regulations in 2026, with an increased focus on electrical power that will see the ratio of combustion versus electrification shift to a 50/50 balance.

This means that, at a time when Mercedes is openly courting the likes of Max Verstappen as the Dutch driver’s future with Red Bull seemingly isn’t as assured as it once was, Wolff believes his team could be a prime destination for a driver evaluating their options on the driver market.

“I think we’re in a very good position for 2026, we are ambitious with the targets we set ourselves for the power unit, for the batteries, for the fuel,” Wolff said after the Chinese Grand Prix. “If we’re able to produce a decent chassis, we’re a good value proposition – but who knows?”

‘Toto Wolff updates on 2026 Mercedes power unit plans’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/toto-w...ami-grand-prix